Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Day 9: Fanfaronade

Because everyone has those days when they say too much.
“Oh I am so ready,” Emma chirped. “I’m going to be great. Fantastic. Best ever. I’ve already told everyone that I’m going to be, like, world champion or something.” Her teacher stared, sullen, arms crossed. Daring her to say more. Emma was uncomfortable, so she kept talking. “I’m so excited about this, I mean really, I’ve wanted to do this for like my whole life. Or a really long time, anyway, I don’t remember what I wanted when I was in kindergarten. But you know what I mean.”

Her teacher just shook his head, turned around, and said, “Follow. Watch.”

Today is late because I was out until like 1 last night celebrating another successful session of circus lessons. We all did little performances. I have a video of mine. It's pretty good. I might post it here. Or I might wait until Sunday and see if I can't get a better one. We'll see.

No comments: