Monday, August 18, 2008

Cheap Drunk

Inspired by the word "philter" and the fact that I am a rather cheap drunk. And yes, part of me does (almost) now want someone to call me at three in the morning and say "I slept with him," so I can respond "Apparently not for very long." If I could rehearse all my conversations, I would be very witty.

“I slept with him,” Amy said as a greeting when I answered her three AM call.

“Apparently not for very long,” I answered.

“What?”

“Sleep. You didn’t do it for very long. It’s three am.” There was shocked silence. I rubbed my eyes. “I thought you didn’t much like him. Why did you sleep with him?”

“I don’t know! I wasn’t going to, but then we had a few drinks and, well, I just… did.”

It figured. “You’re drunk.”

“I am not! I can walk in a straight line and everything.”

“You were drunk.”

“Maybe.” She paused, considering. “Well. Yes.”

No comments: