Thursday, July 31, 2008

South for the Winter

Inspired by the word of the day, "Egress".

I sat at the edge of the lake, skipping stones. My home wasn’t home anymore – it was storage. Soon it would be empty, and I would be gone. The geese on the lake honked assertively. This was their time, too early for people.

“I thought I would find you here,” I heard him behind me. I snorted. “You always come here when you want to hide.”

“Then why did you follow me?” I hated the sound of my voice.

“You don’t have to leave.”

There was a rustling on the water, and the geese took off, south for the winter.


Today I went to San Francisco. It was remarkably easy, actually (as Alex said a while back, Caltrain FTW!). I found a place to do Silks (actually, two places to do Silks within a block of each other, which is pretty darn cool; they're in identical buildings too, which is a little bit odd and a little bit awesome. I'll get pictures and post more on that later, probably, once I get a sense for what the two different places are like). I wandered a bit around the Asian Art museum downtown (only saw the temporary exhibit, Ming dynasty Chinese court art). Tomorrow I head to SLO to see my brother (hooray!) and begin my crazy every-weekend-a-different-friend circuit (similar to my every-weekend-a-different-graduate-school circuit this winter, only more sociable, shorter, and with much less pressure).

No comments: