Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sad but true; I didn't get NSF. We all know why that is, it's because I have a lame adviser who cannot get things in a little bit late, he must wait until they are very very late and/or not turn them in at all. Julie told me to find someone better for my PhD.

In other news, I finally went back to silks practice last Thursday, and it was absolutely wonderful. My arms are finally done being sore, I was laughing the whole time, and it generally made me super happy and pumped to be back. It felt so good to do something physical again, for a change. And although I was absolutely horrible at it, they were really supportive and friendly about it too. So those are all great things.

I was going to post and try to fool all of you into thinking that I was going to drop out of graduate school and join the circus. And then be all "April fools!" or something. But I decided that was lame and so I'm not going to.

Instead, I'll say that I'm going to Stanford! It's exciting to have made that decision. I'm really pumped about it. I need to figure out where I'm going to live, and where I want to do my first rotation, but... I feel on top of things. Which is awesome.

Hooray!

No comments: