Thursday, February 14, 2008

Notably not Interviews

So, I have quite a bit to say about Harvard and MIT (and I will happily babble to anyone who wants to hear it) and I'm trying to write a poem or a song about developmental genetics (because it's cool, and the joy and giddiness of it doesn't really fit into prose very well), and perhaps I'll post about that stuff later, but for now I have something totally unrelated.

In one of my many literature searches for articles related to ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation, the subject of the presentation I'm giving today and another thing I'll happily babble about to anyone who asks) I found the following, which is notably not about molecular biology. Now, I don't know why that popped up when I was searching for, most likely, different authors and "Chromatin", but I do know (now) that the Plague of Athens was possibly caused by small pox, typhoid, anthrax, bird flu or the bubonic plague, but was probably not caused by purely human influenza (at least, according to these researchers).

Did I find a way to put that tidbit into my presentation?

The answer, my friends, is of course I did.

2 comments:

Embly said...

I'm so excited for you with all of this. Though seriously, when can we see each other?

Elizabeth said...

Urgh. March? I'm leaving tomorrow for my first California trip, then I have something like two-three days in Chicago between it and my second California trip, and then I'm finally back Sunday March 2.