Saturday, January 03, 2009

Adrenaline Rush

Inspired by the word "Yegg", which means a safe-cracker. The continuation of the story would be, they hide, are not found, and steal nothing. I would have included that but I haven't figured out how they hide yet and it would likely have pushed it over 100 words.
“You said we wouldn’t be doing anything illegal!”

“I never said that. I said we wouldn’t be doing anything we couldn’t reasonably explain to the police.”

I stared at him. “And how would you reasonably explain this?” An alarm went off. “Because it appears you’ll get your chance.”

“I needed to get something out of the vault,” he answered calmly, and there was a crack as the lock broke and the door swung open on well oiled hinges. He stepped inside. “Calm down and get in here.”

He grinned winningly. “Life’s no fun without a bit of excitement,” he said.

No comments: